Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Popular TV Shows I Have Never Watched or Seen a Full Episode Of

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Popular TV Shows I Have Never Watched or Seen a Full Episode Of

Though this is usually a book-related meme, in honor of Fall TV the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish asked us to come up with a Top Ten TV theme. Since I rarely watch TV (the most recent shows I watched regularly being Cedar Cove, Downton Abbey and Mercy Street), this would go way beyond a top ten if I let it. I'll stick with popular shows my kids or family and friends have suggested I watch.

One Tree Hill - My girls are obsessed with watching this show on Netflix. I swear they must be on their second or third round of viewing the entire series. I've watched bits and pieces, but I'll take Dawson's Creek any day; still great teen drama and way fewer sexual shenanigans.

Lost - Not sure why I never gave this one a try. All my kids enjoyed it, but I never had the urge to dip in. 

Two and a Half Men - Charlie Sheen being part of this show was probably the biggest reason I never watched; never realized why he was considered so great and felt much of that was due to the family he was born into. Charlie Harper's way of life also didn't appeal to me, so there really was no reason to watch.

Grey's Anatomy - I've seen bits and pieces of episodes, but ultimately get turned off by all the flirtation and sexual situations in what seems to be a great medical drama. I'm probably showing my age here, but listening to Alex, Callie, and Mark all talk in different scenes about how great Arizona's boobs are (Can't Fight Biology) really doesn't do much for me. I would honestly like to think that if doctors are performing surgery on any of my body parts their minds are focused on something other than another person's breasts. 

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - I've seen part of an episode of this spin-off series and actually loved the original Law & Order. The nature of the crimes they investigate in this series is a big issue for me, so I tend to steer clear of it. 

Felicity - In the same year that Dawson's Creek debuted, so did Felicity. I didn't know much about it then and the previews never excited me so I never watched it. Having read the premise of the show--a girl who has had a crush on a guy for four years abandons her plans for medical school to follow said guy who she barely knows to NY--I doubt I would have enjoyed it.

The Bachelor/The Bachelorette - Reality TV--which seldom depicts true reality--irritates me. That there is so much "reality" TV on the air these days is another reason I rarely turn the TV set on. In the case of these dating shows, I feel it cheapens the remarkable thing that happens when two people truly fall in love. And don't even get me started on how Jerry Springer has made dating realty TV worse with his show, Baggage. 

The Big Bang Theory - Not sure why I've avoided this one except that it began airing when I wasn't especially interested in watching TV: I was the mother of two toddlers. 

Mad Men - Shows set in offices haven't done much for me since the end of Designing Women. (Yes, I know I am dating myself again.)

Modern Family - I stomached most of one episode, but ultimately couldn't watch to the end. I find most of the characters annoying. This seems more like reality TV than most reality television.


What are some popular shows you've never seen or at least haven't seen a full episode of? 

10 comments:

Up 'Til Dawn Book Blog said...

The only two shows on your list that I watch are SVU and Grey's Anatomy. I avoid the Bachelor/Bachelorette like the plague! But I'm not much of a fan of reality tv. LOL!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks for visiting. I don't get the appeal of reality TV. I barely tolerate the ones on Food Network, but my daughter loves them.

Giovanna said...

I've never watched an episode of Lost. It just never really interested me. Great Top Ten! I love the topic :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Dawson over One Tree Hill any day, no contest. (I watched Felicity and it was okay, I remember it fondly, but nothing that I am chomping at the bit to watch again.)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever watched a One Tree Hill episode. I loved Dawson's Creek though!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

So I started watching Lost, but I think the final season got too complicated for me. I mean the show was twisted enough and I always thought, thank god they don't have something like time traveling involved because then it would really get tough. And guess what was added in that final season? Yup. Time travel. I'm pretty sure that is. I think it was season 6 where all that happened. It's been sooo long I can't quite remember! LOL!

I've watched a handful of episodes of Two and a Half Men, but mostly out of boredom. Once Charlie Sheen left, I felt like it was pointless to bother anymore!

I used to watch Law and Order: SVU but it was another one of those shows that was endless. And too many actor changes and I lost interest in it.

Big Bang is a fave of mine. Didn't start until season 4, as that's when I was watching reruns and laughing so much I went out and bought all 3 seasons to binge!

The rest...all 6 of them, lol! I've never watched either! :D

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

I'm not a big fan of reality tv, so I've also never seen The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I agree, it just rubs me the wrong way how relationships are treated in that one.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Lost is one of the best shows! :)

Check out my TTT.

Cheryl said...

Wow! Thanks for all the comments. This is why I love TTT: it has the most loyal people who comment if you leave a comment for them...and even many who stop by when you haven't made it to their site yet.

Isn't funny what we are attracted to watch or don't watch? Thanks for sharing your likes and dislikes.

Birdie and Chrissi, that's what I keep trying to tell my girls. If you like OTH, you have to watch Dawson's Creek. My oldest told me it had a stupid name, so there was no way she would look it up.

Have a great week, everyone.

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

We have some shows in common that did not make my list - Dawson's Creek for sure! I was always a fan of Pacey and Joey though, I did not like Dawson himself!