Monday, January 6, 2014

Musing Mondays - January 6th


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

When I started this blog back in 2007, I had no idea I would still be blogging nearly seven years later. I've enjoyed almost every minute of it. There are times it's overwhelming to keep up with, but I feel blogging does two things for me: keeps me reading regularly and provides me a creative outlet for my many ramblings.

Here was my first post--after my welcome message. I actually brought it over from my first blog, which I morphed into this one. It is the first of a five-part commentary on The Ghost in the Little House by William Holtz.

This is my first book post from 2008, which features Carol Whang Schutter talking about troubled love and her book, September Dawn.

In 2009, I opened with a review of Messiah Interviews by Jerry Pollock. Jerry is one of my former clients.

Another former client was featured in my first book post of 2010, Greg Middleton and his book, Real Men.

In January 2011, I blogged more than I had in January of the previous years. That first post was about my TBR Pile. Even then it was a monster.

January 2012 saw the start of one of my favorite features, the First Chapter Review. I plan to do more of these this year as I work through my TBR Pile. You can find our very first one here.

Last year's first book post was a spotlight and giveaway for Gathering Strength by Peggy Kelsey.

We opened this year with our first W...W...W...Wednesday for 2014. I hope to keep up with this meme if I read more often than I did last year.

Hope you've enjoyed our quick journey through the years here at The Book Connection. Thank you for your loyal readership. I hope you'll feel free to share what you've enjoyed about this blog in the comments section of this post.

Many blessings for a wonderful 2014!

7 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I've been blogging since 2007 also. However I started my blog Book Lover's Journal in 2012. I also had a blog Ann's Reading Corner which I put to sleep on January 1st. 2014, and combined it with Book Lover's Journal. I thought it would be easier to do just one reading blog. I have about ten blogs, but only three open to the public.

This is my first visit here, so hope you much success.

Unknown said...

Congratulations for your 7th year of blogging! I'm a new blogger (I've been blogging for about six months) and for me it's always inspiring to see that there are so many book bloggers out there blogging for a long time.

Here's my musing if you'd like to check it out.

Rosa @ Bookish Findings

Udita Banerjee said...

7 years is a long time, Congrats! I'm new to your blog, but I do enjoy it very much :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks to all of your for stopping by and for all your kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Unknown said...

Very cool look at how your blog has grown :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/01/musing-mondays.html

Anonymous said...

That's a long time to blog. Wish you many more years of blogging!


Sonia Lal

JC Jones said...

I had to look to see how long I have been blogging. I started in 2008 and did more post each year until 2013. I took a month cruise and most of my post were on my travel blog. I also have a family blog with older pictures for the family to see.