Thursday, August 11, 2011

Interview with Michael Martel, Author of Get Er Done

Joining us today is Michael Martel, author of Get Er Done: The Green Beret Guide to Productivity.

Michael was barely eighteen when he walked into the Army recruiter’s office in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio. He told him he wanted to see the world. He satisfied Michael’s wish and sent him to Berlin, Germany where he had a great time in the “Divided City.” There began his love of travel. All together he spent a total of thirteen years living in Germany, traveling around Europe, the Middle East and Africa. His Army career spanned just over twenty years.

After the Army he moved onto technology. He worked as a computer security expert keeping extremely sensitive information safe from hackers. He earned a Bachelors and Masters of Science in Information Technology and Business Management along the way.

Michael was recognized for his leadership, knowledge and ability to work with people. Very soon, he was moved into the executive ranks and led large business divisions.

Always on the lookout for a challenge, He discovered he had a gift for coaching. From the experiences, both in the military and in corporate world he has a lot to give back. His real world leadership experience combined with his technical education and skill give him a unique ability to work with other leaders to help them achieve success.


Welcome to The Book Connection, Michael. We are pleased to have you. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?



I grew up in Dayton, Oho. My desire to see the world led me to the Army. My military career went from infantryman, paratrooper, to Special Forces. I got an opportunity to see most of Europe, both west and east, some of Africa, the Middle East, Central America, and Asia.

When did you begin writing?


I started blogging about two years ago. I discovered I had many stories in my background that were relevant for people to motivate and inspire them.

What is this book about?


Get Er Done: The Green Beret Guide to Productivity, is simply about how to get things done. I take stories from my military days as a Green Beret and illustrate tested techniques for getting things done.

What inspired you to write it?

I was working with a coach and we talked about things I had was excited about. Writing a book and getting it out to many people sounded like something that would definitely would be exciting.
Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?
Get Er Done: The Green Beret Guide to Productivity is available on Amazon and on my website – http://www.MikeMartel.com.  My website has autographed copies available.

Where can readers can find out more?

Check out my website – http://www.MikeMartel.com - for the book and other products to help you get er done.

What is up next for you?

I am finishing up my “Achieve the Green Beret System.” This will be a complete system to get everything done without the stress that most people experience.

Thanks for spending time with us today, Michael. We wish you great success.

No comments: