Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Last Operative by Jerry B. Jenkins



I was first introduced to the work of Jerry Jenkins with The Left Behind series. The Book of Revelation has always been one of my favorite books of the Bible, but it is very mystical. While this series is fictional, the Biblical prophecy behind these books isn't, and I felt a better understanding of the Book of Revelation as a result.

Through Tyndale, the publisher of The Left Behind series, I learned Jerry Jenkins had a new book coming out on June 24, The Last Operative. I also found out through this email from Tyndale, that Jenkins was running a contest.

Readers were asked to submit ideas for ways they would promote The Last Operative. There were 15 winners selected out of more than 500 entries. I was fortunate enough to be among the winners. I received an autographed copy of the book and a cash prize. This last part was a total surprise to me. I guess I didn't read the original email carefully.

You can view some of the winning contest ideas by clicking here. I actually felt mine were some of the more boring ideas. The others who won made awesome suggestions.

You'll find a list of the winners here.

I'm bringing The Last Operative with me on vacation, so look for my review coming in July or August.

No comments: