Monday, March 8, 2010

Favorite Moments from the Rocky Bluff P.D. by Author F.M. Meredith


Today's guest blogger is F.M. Meredith. This is the pseudonym for multi-published award-winning author Marilyn Meredith. Marilyn has published nearly thirty novels, including the Rocky Bluff crime series. An Axe to Grind is the latest in this series. No Sanctuary, the previous release from this series, was a finalist the mystery/suspense category of the Epic best in e-books contest. Marilyn also writes the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series. The lastest in this series is Dispel the Mist. She is a member of Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Epic, and serves on the board of the Public Safety Writers Association. She was an instructor for Writers Digest School for many years, served as an instructor at the Maui Writers Retreat and many other writers’ conferences.

You can visit the author online at http://fictionforyou.com and her blog at http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com.

"Favorite Moments from from the Rocky Bluff P.D. Series" by F.M. Meredith


The first book, which I wrote having no idea there would be more to follow, was Final Respects. My favorite part of that book is where the three little girls are tormenting the man who works in the mortuary. Years ago when my daughter was in grammar school, her best friends’ dad owned a mortuary and the family lived next door. My daughter loved to spend the night there and later told me that she and her friends played hide 'n seek among the caskets and bodies. (Blogger's note: Yuck!)

In Bad Tidings I love the relationship between Lt. Tom Gilbreath and his wife, Marlene, so much better than the one between Officer Guzzo and his perfect wife. In this book, two murders bring chaos to the small beach community of Rocky Bluff and keep Lt. Gilbreath busy while he is facing a crisis of his own.


When I conceived the idea for Fringe Benefits, which is about a very bad cop, I asked my policeman son-in-law how he would kill his wife and get away with it. He had a perfect idea and that’s what I used in this book. My favorite moment in this story is when the police officers who work alongside the cop realize what he’d done.

Smell of Death is a darker book that the rest because it has three grisly murders in it, but Officer Stacey Wilbur and Detective Doug Milligan realize they have a mutual attraction for one another. I have several favorite incidents in this book, but I think I like the scenes with the barefoot burglars the best. (Blogger's note: This is the first book of this series I read. I agree about the darker aspect and the barefoot burglars. I tried to imagine them running around that way.)

My favorite scene in No Sanctuary is when Officer Stacy Wilbur confronts the murderer. She is one gutsy gal. I also like all the scenes with bumbling Officer Gordon Butler. He provides a lot of comic relief in several of the books. (Blogger's note: This is my favorite out of the books I've read.)


In my latest book, An Axe To Grind, I love how Stacy strikes out on her own to look for her fiancĂ©, Detective Doug Milligan, when he goes missing. She is one tenacious female who isn’t about to give up. The romance between Doug and Stacey continues, but moves slowly while Doug is busy investigating the case of a murdered stalker.

One thing about writing a continuing series like this, I’m as anxious to find out what’s going to happen next as any of the fans.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wasn't that an interesting and different blog post...I loved it!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

It was fun trying to remember what I'd written in each book.

Thanks for hosting me.

Marilyn

Heidiwriter said...

Your books sound great--I enjoy reading "police procedurals."
Heidi

Donna McDine said...

Terrific approach. I enjoyed learning about F.M. Meredith. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Donna
Children’s Author
Write What Inspires You Blog
The Golden Pathway Story book Blog

WS Gager said...

Marilyn: I have only read about Stacy Wilbur but your memories make me want to run out and get the other series and read them. Great post and very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Wendy
W.S. Gager