Monday, December 14, 2009

There's Still Time to Give the Gift of Reading



Only 11 more days until Christmas. Where has the year gone? If you're still looking for great gifts to put under the tree, here is my list of recommended titles for 2009. This is based upon the 118 books I've reviewed so far this year, though many more books and authors were featured at The Book Connection.

Christian and Inspirational

* How Can I Run a Tight Ship When I'm Surrounded by Loose Cannons by Kathi Macias

* Finding Faith in A Skeptical World by Chet Galaska

* Life is Tough: I Doubt I'll Make it Out Alive by Stacy Gooch Anderson

* Mothers of the Bible Speak to Mothers Today by Kathi Macias

* Is Your Ghost Holy? by Shay Bills

* My Son, John by Kathi Macias (fiction)


Contemporary Fiction

* Saffron Dreams by Shalia Abdullah

* One Holy Night by J.M. Hochstetler

* Rain Dance by Joy DeKok


Historical Fiction

* Faith and Honor by Robin Maderich

* The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner

* A Precious Jewel by Mary Balogh

* Wind of the Spirit: The American Patriot Series, Book 3 by J.M. Hochstetler


Memoir

* My Father, My Don by Tony Napoli

* Hearts of Courage by John Tippets


Mystery/Crime Fiction

* No Sancutuary by F.M. Meredith

* Dispel the Mist by Marilyn Meredith


Suspense

* The Dead Guy by Doug Hewitt

* On the Grind by Stephen J. Cannell

* Agent in Old Lace by Tristi Pinkston

* Beyond the Code of Conduct by K.M. Daughters

* Killer Career by Morgan Mandel

* Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundell


Others

* The 100 Sporting Events You Must See Live by Robert Tuchman

* Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms by Jane Doiron

Most of these books can be purchased at Amazon.com.

I will be posting a separate list for children's, middle grade, tween/teen fiction and YA at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection today or tomorrow.

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Great list, Cheryl!

Dixie Phillips said...

Cheryl,
They all look wonderful! WOW!

Kathi Macias said...

Wow, Cheryl, thanks for the plug! Looking forward to sharing new books with you and your readers in 2010. Blessings to all of you!

Hayley said...

I love this list, I'm always on the look out for great books. A couple on your list caught my eye, and all the better when they come recommended!
Hayley

Carole said...

Thank you for this list of books, Cheryl. I've read the first book in J. M. Hochstetler's series, Daughter of Liberty, and she is now one of my favorite authors. I'm also a big fan of crime mysteries and you have given me two new authors to try - as if I needed more!!

J. M. Hochstetler said...

Cheryl, thanks so much for including my books and our other Sheaf House authors, Joy DeKok and Kathi Macias. We appreciate all you do!

And Carole, thank you so much for your kind words about Daughter of Liberty. You are very kind!

Have a very blessed Christmas, everyone!