Friday, November 27, 2009

Celebrate Black Friday by Picking Up A Book

(Photo from the NY Daily News).

How are you celebrating Black Friday? Me, I've only gone shopping in the wee hours of the year's holiday shopping kick-off once, and I hated it so much I vowed never to do it again. This year I am at home baking goodies for tomorrow's Christmas Bazaar at church.

I've never been a huge shopper--how unfemale of me, I know. LOL! And crowds certainly aren't my thing either. I want to get in, buy what I need, and get out in as little time as possible. That's why online shopping is such a hit with me. You can get some great deals online, like Amazon.com's Black Friday Deals.

In case you have some readers on your list, check out some of these great books I've read this year:


Still There, Clare by Yvonne Prinz. I'm a huge fan of this and the other Clare books: No Fair, Clare and Double Dare Clare.




My Father, My Don by Tony Napoli.


Excellent book about organized crime and the love of father and son.

No Sanctuary by F.M. Meredith. The latest in the Rocky Bluff P.D. crime series featuring Detective Stacey Wilbur.



The Lost Hours by Karen White; southern fiction at its best.



Mothers of the Bible Speak to Mothers of Today and My Son, John by Kathi Macias. Christian fiction and nonfiction don't get any better than what Kathi Macias delivers!


One Holy Night by J. M. Hochstetler, a powerful and moving contemporary miracle story that will make an excellent gift for fans of Christian fiction.


Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms by Jane Doiron will help you stay on top of holiday cooking and baking.

These are just some of the many titles we have reviewed this year, with several more to come. Enjoy Black Friday, no matter how you decide to celebrate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for bringing these books to our attention. Could you also list my new release, Angela 1: Starting Over? To find out more about it, just click on my name and follow the link to my web site. I also invite you to read my blog at www.davidabedford.aegauthorblogs.com