Thursday, February 12, 2009

Morgan Mandel's Girl of My Dreams


As a special feature during the month of February, I'm highlighting romance novels I've heard about. While I haven't read this one yet, it sounds excellent. Not only that, it came in Fourth in the Romance category in a recent Preditors and Editors poll. Here, author Morgan Mandel talks about Girl of My Dreams and why she wrote it:

After my dark romantic suspense, Two Wrongs, I needed to change gears and get light. That's when I hit on the idea of my romantic comedy, Girl of My Dreams.

What woman doesn't like a good makeover? When Jillian, the straitlaced temp to Blake, the producer of a reality show, gets the glam treatment and enters his television contest, the change does not set well with her boss.

Suddenly she's not the dependable gofer he thought she was, but a beautiful woman, way too similar to his conniving movie-star mother. Can Jillian convince Blake she has his best interests at heart? She has to because her love for him is at stake.

Morgan Mandel
http://twitter.com/morganmandel
Daily Blog: http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
Website: http://www.morganmandel.com




More about Girl of My Dreams:

When food poisoning strikes the set of a new reality show targeted to save a floundering studio, Jillian, the temporary assistant, sets out to round up a contestant, but ends up filling the gap herself.

Her boss, the producer, discovers what she’s done, but it's too late to stop her. The curtain's up and the show must go on.

Believing his loyal assistant has turned into a selfish conniver like his movie-star mother, he's furious. The further Jillian advances in the rounds, the more convinced he is of her deceit.

Jillian faces all sorts of embarrassing situations and adventures along the way to the main prize of the millionaire. He's obviously attracted to her and she should be happy.

The problem is, Jillian loves the producer.

You can visit Morgan's website to read an excerpt from Girl of My Dreams.

15 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

rHi Cheryl,
Thanks for featuring me and my books today.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Margay Leah Justice said...

Congratulations, Morgan, on your success. This sounds like a fun book!
Margay

Debra St. John said...

Hi Morgan! Nice to "see" you here! I definitely recommend this book for anyone who likes a sweet romance, (with a few surprises thrown in, of course!)

Anonymous said...

Interesting twist on the rags to riches/ Cinderella concept. I wish you the most success

Mayra Calvani said...

This does sound like a very cute story. I love romantic comedies, they're so relaxing.

Mary Cunningham said...

Your book sounds great, Morgan. All the best with it!

Unknown said...

Me and my? Shouldn't it be my books and I? Sorry, I see that too often and it bugs me.

Anyway, this book is out just in time for the love holiday of the year, The big V day. Good luck with it. In theater it's break a leg, what is it for writers, break a finger?

Anonymous said...

Love the concept of this book!

Barbara Romo said...

Neat concept - looking forward to reading it.

Morgan Mandel said...

Yes, I did have a lot of fun writing Girl of My Dreams. It was a refreshing change from Two Wrongs. As you can see, I have a light and a dark side.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

April said...

This sounds like such a fun book, Morgan!

Marci Baun said...

This sounds like a fun book, Morgan.

Congratulations on your seed in the contest!

Marci

Morgan Mandel said...

Thanks again, Cheryl, for inviting me over.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

JUST rec'd Girl of My Dreams in the mail from Amazon. Can't wait to read it! But first, I'll have to wrestle it out of my sister's hands! LOL

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Hey Morgan, can you bring your friends along every day? I love it when posts gets a lot of comments.

Cheryl