Monday, February 2, 2009

February Featured Book: The Jaguar Legacy by Maureen Fisher

During the month of February, The Book Connection will be participating once again in National Blog Posting Month--which means we are going to try and post new entries every day of the month.



In addition to the authors on tour who I am hosting in February, I will be diving into my very large bookshelves to highlight some of my favorite romance novels. And to start us off, I want to highlight the book that was truly responsible for drawing me to romance novels--The Jaguar Legacy by Maureen Fisher.

When I reviewed this book in December 2007, I remember reading ahead to get to the love scenes--yes, I'm naughty--because Fisher created such realistic characters that I felt I knew them and I wanted to see them get together. I actually read the love scene about four times, because it was that well done. In addition, while I never considered myself to be a huge fan of the paranormal, the way Fisher wrote this story, I couldn't put it down. I would stay up late every night reading. The exhaustion was well worth it.

You can read my review of The Jaguar Legacy here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skipping ahead to love scenes... that's priceless. Forget reading the last page first! I have this knack for opening up a book and landing in the middle of a heated scene. Just lucky I guess. ;)(Though I will concede that in some books the odds are higher than others)