Monday, August 17, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday - Aug 17



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Oh, golly, Miss Molly, it is Monday again! Hope you enjoyed your week. The Lil' Diva celebrated a birthday last Tuesday, and the Lil' Princess visited for a few days. It was nice to have both of them around. Work is still kicking my behind, and at this point, I am glad this isn't my first year in real estate, or there wouldn't be another one. SpongeBob states my feelings exactly. 


Managed some reading last week, and I hope to get some writing done this coming weekend. We will see how that goes. Here are a couple of photos:


Sunday night dinner


The Lil' Princess and us at her favorite place

As far as reading goes, I still need to write my review of The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller.


I didn't read The Eyes of River last week. 


Need to pick up Staged by Caitlin Rother this week. 


I started Massawa by Pam Weber on Saturday.


I am almost finished with Food is Medicine by Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, DRPH.



Also need to read:







Upcoming Events

  • The Call to Authorship by Tim Lindsay - Aug 17 (Book Blast & Giveaway)
  • This Never Happened: A Call Girl in D.C. by Kent Heckenlively - Aug 19 (Spotlight)
  • Enheduanna's Song from the Sands by Ellen Rachlin - Aug 21 (Interview)
  • Evan's Stormy Voyage by Karen Charles - Sep 24 (Review at TC&TBC)
  • She Forgot She Was Free by Giselle Mascarenhas - Oct 14 (Review)


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach

This week, I picked up A Castle Christmas by Jimmy Bennett at the local Goodwill for $2. 


Giselle Mascarenhas is touring with her book, She Forgot She Was Free. I will be reviewing this one.






Christmas Year Round

Journey through Christmases Past explores Christmas 1869 this week. You can read that here.


The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

I shared a book I will be reviewing in September at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. You can see that here.



Laura's Little Houses

Nothing new at Laura's Little Houses this week, but I am finally caught up on the Little House on the Prairie 50th Anniversary Podcast. I am sure that will spark ideas. 

Off to bed before a final walk through this morning. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out said...

I’m glad you got to spend some time with your girls, happy birthday to Li’l Diva.

Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!