It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.
Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great week. I'm still playing catch-up because I was living in real estate hell last week. However, I did have two closings last week that went smoothly. I also managed to get to the lab on Friday for my bloodwork to see if they can figure out what is going on with me.
Today, I will start the day by taking Theo to his least favorite place on Earth--the vet. He gets a monthly allergy shot. Then I have a meeting, and in the afternoon, I follow up with my doctor. I'm still working on an issue for work as well.
Saw this old restaurant booth in a house last week. It is always cool to stumble upon these treasures.
In my reading world, I wrote a review of Meditations for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman. I ordered a printed copy of this and Burkeman's first book, Four Thousand Weeks. You can find my review here.
Did not touch The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller, and I wonder if I will get to it.
I am done with The Ledger by Steven Manchester, a companion to his novel The Menu. Look for my review soon.
I didn't pick up The Eyes of River last week.
I read some of Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts.
I wrote a First Chapter Review of Staged by Caitlin Rother, which is the sequel to Hooked. You can read that review here.
Massawa by Pam Weber is a book I have not yet started.
I reviewed Max and Her Stacks by Joyce McCullough at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. Look for my review link below.
Photo credit: Freepik
Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach.
I was approved for these two books by publishers on NetGalley:
25 Advent Reflections from Charles Dickens's Beloved Classic
by Rachel Dodge
The Christmas Yes List by Melissa Ferguson
Hank also sent me his newest beginner's guide for writers to review:
by Hank Quense
Upcoming Events
The Ledger by Steven Manchester - TBD (Review)
Staged by Caitlin Rother - TBD (Review)
Massawa by Pam Weber - TBD (Review)
Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts - TBD (Review)
Christmas Year Round
This week's Journey through Christmases Past post isn't up yet. Hopefully, tomorrow.
The Children's and Teens' Book Connection
At The Children's and Teens' Book Connection, we celebrated 17 years of blogging. I also posted a review of Max and Her Stacks by Joyce McCullough. You can read that review here.
Laura's Little Houses
Still nothing new here. Maybe Wednesday. Depends on how this week turns out.
It's nice to see some books come off my list. I'm tired of sharing the same ones week after week. Looking forward to reading your posts.



























6 comments:
Congrats on the closings!
I hope the doctor had answers for you.
Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!
Sounds like a busy and frustrating week. I hope your medical appointments go well. It is nice to for you to make progress on some of your books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
Another great set of books. Look like you will be busy reading. Come check mine out .
Love on the shelf looks really cute! I hope you enjoy all of these when you get time to read.
I hope everything goes well with your bloodwork. Great on the closings! I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!
The Christmas Yes List looks like fun. I hope all goes well with you this week.
Post a Comment