Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Happy Tuesday! Seems fitting that I participated in Top Ten Tuesday on September 1 and Top Ten Tuesday at the end of the month. September certainly flew by. That's okay. I am a fall kind of girl. The garden is mostly harvested. The hoses are tucked away in the shed. I will attempt to bring the herbs into the house for the winter soon.
When this time of year rolls around, I plan to take road trips. I want to explore apple orchards, farms, and fall fairs/festivals. Do I? Rarely. Though I can say I went to The Apple Place in East Longmeadow for the first time last week. They have an Apple Fest this weekend. Olde Mistick Village also has an Apple Festival mid-October. But I digress...
With all the talk of fall, I thought it would be a great idea to share the Top Ten Books That Inspire Me to Take a Fall Road Trip. Here they are in no particular order.
Doesn't the cover of The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate inspire you to drive and find that place?
Would you travel to witness a wedding in an apple orchard like the one pictured on the cover of A Surprise Harvest Bride by Wendy Klopfenstein?
New England has lots of pretty Main Streets to explore, like the one featured on the cover of Falling on Main Street
by Tara Grace Ericson.
Doesn't Picture Perfect Autumn by Shelley Noble inspire a photo-taking trip this fall?
Would Katharine's Remarkable Road Trip by Gail Ward Olmstead encourage you to get in your car and drive down a tree-lined road?
I would drive to a place called The Pumpkin Spice Cafe, like in Laurie Gilmore's book. Wouldn't you?
October Kiss by Kristen Ethridge could inspire a hand-in-hand walk through the park after you've driven to your destination.
And If It Makes You Happy by Julie Olivia might encourage you to load your furry friend in the car to go and explore a walkable downtown.
A fall road trip to a unique venue like you see on the cover of Autumn at the
Star and Sixpense
by Holly Hepburn might be fun.
Though many of us get away during the summer, an Autumn Getaway like Jennifer Gracen writes about might be just the thing to refresh your soul.

Tell Me Something Tuesday (TMST) is hosted by Jen Twimom at That's What I'm Talking About. TMST is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Participation is optional, and you can leave your comments in the weekly post when you participate. Check it out if you're interested in joining.
This week's prompt for Tell Me Something Tuesday (TMST) is all about food, a particular kind of food--snacks. I've always been a huge snacker. Inquiring minds want to know whether we prefer sweet or salty snacks.
I am mostly a "sweet snack" kind of person, because I don't allow myself many sweets these days. I can't eat the way I used to, but a piece of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter is a nice treat after supper. I also love chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, and strawberry rhubarb pie. Not that I have them very often.
I'm prone to eating salty snacks more often: various nuts, potato chips, and pretzels are almost always in the house.
How about you? Do you like your snacks sweet or salty?
Looking forward to visiting blogs today.




















1 comment:
I love all these covers. I have Katharine's Remarkable Road Trip on my kindle and had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment