Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Reasons I've Stopped Reading or Watching a Series

 


The Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge is hosted by Long and Short Reviews. They offer this blog hop as a weekly prompt to help you gain new friends and visitors. You don't have to participate every week, but if you decide to post and join the blog hop for a week, Long and Short Reviews requests that you share your link in their weekly post on their website (which will be the top post on the home page each Wednesday morning). The link list remains open for new links for 48 hours. Visit the other bloggers participating to see what they discuss that week. Comments are appreciated. 

Happy Wednesday! It is time for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. This week's prompt is: Reasons I've Stopped Reading or Watching a Series.

In my world, it usually has to do with time. At this point, if I get to read five pages a week, I consider that a success. Other reasons include:

  • I've read one book in an existing series and have no hope of catching up
  • Don't enjoy the characters of a new series enough to continue
  • My genre preferences changed
  • What is happening to the recurring characters no longer interests me
How about you? Why do you stop reading or watching a series? 

5 comments:

  1. Time, or the lack thereof, is such a good answer. Its so disappointing when you do have a bit of time to spare and you read something or watch something, only for it to be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, George. This is part of way I don't feel horrible when I don't finish a book these days. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With me it's mostly just getting distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with all of those reasons. I have stopped a couple series because something so frustrating happens in a book, and I am done with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we all had more time to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and loyal readership.