It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.
Welcome to August! Is it feeling like the year is passing too quickly? It sure is for me. Four closings expected this month, and two more anticipated for September if all goes well. Expecting three new listings between now and September as well.
Other than work, I managed to squeeze in some reading time, planned all our meals for August, and moved my office down to the first floor — with the help of my other half, of course. It's not done yet, but I'm down here more than upstairs now.
The Lil' Diva will celebrate a birthday soon, and the Lil' Princess is coming down here that week to spend some time with us. Life is good.
Here is a reading rundown:
Did not touch The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller, and I wonder if I will get to it.
I didn't pick up The Eyes of River last week.
Almost finished Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts.
Massawa by Pam Weber is a book I have not yet started.
Also need to read:
- A Christmas Carol Devotional: 25 Advent Reflections from Charles Dickens's Beloved Classic by Rachel Dodge
- The Christmas Yes List by Melissa Ferguson
- Food is Medicine by Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, DRPH
- Beginner's Guide to Using an AI Assistant by Hank Quense
Photo credit: Freepik
Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach.
Nothing new in the mailbox this week, thank goodness. I am so far behind on my reading.
Upcoming Events
Staged by Caitlin Rother - TBD (Review)
Massawa by Pam Weber - TBD (Review)
Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts - TBD (Review)
Christmas Year Round
Thought it would be fun to talk about some toy crazes for this week's Journey through Christmases Past. You can find that here.
The Children's and Teens' Book Connection
At The Children's and Teens' Book Connection, I'm discussing the growing trend to return to print-based learning and handwriting. You can read that here.
Laura's Little Houses
I am working on an article about traumatic episodes of Little House on the Prairie. Doesn't that sound cheery?
That is it from my place on the planet. Catch up with you soon!















Sounds like you are keeping busy. Your books look good. I hope you find some time for them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDelete