It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.
Happy Monday, everyone! How did your week go? Feels like forever since I posted one of these. I'm not sure how much I will post the rest of this week because my schedule is jam-packed. No day off for me this past weekend, but the Rick's Place Golf Classic is September 19, and the Lil' Princess will be home for The Big E on September 20, so I will have a day off.
Lots going on in my world. Several closings coming up. More new listings. No real medical answers. Feel like a bit of a hamster in a wheel right now. However, I did get to spend some time in the kitchen this weekend and enjoy the outdoors for a bit before our very rainy Sunday when I had back-to-back open houses.
Chilling at home after work
Bought myself a larger Crock-pot
Made butter (saved the buttermilk), sour cream, and whipped cream
Finally wrote my review of The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller. You can read that here.
I should be getting back to The Eyes of River now that some reviews are done.
Finished Staged by Caitlin Rother. Look for my review this week. Fingers crossed.
Loving Massawa by Pam Webber.
Wrote my review of Food is Medicine by Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, DRPH. You can read it here.
Finished A Christmas Carol Devotional: 25 Advent Reflections from Charles Dickens's Beloved Classic by Rachel Dodge. Fabulous! You can read my review here.
Check out my review of The Christmas Yes List by Melissa Ferguson here. Loved this one!
I am listening on Audible to Cratchit: A Christmas Carol Continues by R.M. Bouknight. Not sure how I feel about it yet. It's dark.
Up next is the Beginner's Guide to Using an AI Assistant by Hank Quense.
Upcoming Events
- Evan's Stormy Voyage by Karen Charles - Sep 24 (Review at TC&TBC)
- She Forgot She Was Free by Giselle Mascarenhas - Oct 14 (Review)
Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach.
I ordered Stupid TV, Be More Funny by Alan Siegel last week. I've wanted it for a while. Right now, it is sitting on my coffee table.
Not sure how often I share my Booktrovert shelf, but here are the latest additions:
Mark Twain for Book Lovers edited by R. Kent Rasmussen
In These Hills by Tamera Alexander
Chapter One Again by Keelia Clarkson
And Then We Saw the Bag by Emma Adbage.
Christmas Year Round
Journey through Christmases Past explores the Christmas of 1813, which was a tough one for many areas of the world. This post also shares some of the decorations and what you see now. You can check it out here.
The Children's and Teens' Book Connection
Shared some new book arrivals from Eerdmans Books for Young Readers that I will be reading soon. You can see them here.
Laura's Little Houses
Haven't had time to work on this blog lately. Maybe next week.
That's it for me. It is now midnight, and I need to get Theo to the vet at 9, followed by a full day of appointments. Such fun!






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments and loyal readership.