Monday, July 27, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday - Jul 27



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

We are settling on the last Monday of July today. How is summer moving so quickly? Before we know it, the local kids will be back in school. 

Another zany week in real estate, but lots of good things too. This week might be more manageable. 

Here are a few recent photos:


Travis and Dwight 


Friday night out


Me preparing to record for the Bucket List Challenge


Theo finds grooming exhausting


Two gifts I bought from Modern Prairie to treat myself

In my reading world, I had finished The Ledger by Steven Manchester earlier. You can find my review here.


 Did not touch The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller, and I wonder if I will get to it. 


I didn't pick up The Eyes of River last week. 


I read some of Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts. 


Need to get moving on Staged by Caitlin Rother, which is the sequel to Hooked.


Massawa by Pam Weber is a book I have not yet started.


Also need to read:





Photo credit: Freepik


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach

This week, two hardcover copies of books I own on Audible arrived, both by Oliver Burkeman: Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals and Meditations for Mortals: Four Weeks to Embrace Your Limitations and Make Time for What Counts



Upcoming Events

Staged by Caitlin Rother - TBD (Review)
Massawa by Pam Weber - TBD (Review)
Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts - TBD (Review)




Christmas Year Round

This week's Journey through Christmases Past post is about Christmas 1783, the first Christmas as an independent nation. You can find that here.


The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

At The Children's and Teens' Book Connection, I reviewed In the Wide, Wild World by Natalie Horseman. You can read that here.




Laura's Little Houses

I am talking about the new Little House on the Prairie adaptation this week. You can see my comments here. No real spoilers here if you haven't watched it yet. 

That's it for me. I am feeling more accomplished, but still have a way to go if I plan to hit my reading goal this year. See you around the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and loyal readership.