I openly admit from the start that my review of this Audible book will not do the book justice. In Meditations for Mortals: Four Weeks to Embrace Your Limitations and Make Time for What Counts by Oliver Burkeman, the author outlines a different approach to making the most of the time we have and how to take action on what matters most to you.
This is the second book by Burkeman I have listened to, and I realize now that I need printed copies to mark up and bookmark. Just like with the first book, Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals, I found tons of helpful and insightful information in Meditations for Mortals, but I can't remember all of it because I was listening to it while driving.
Here are the two tidbits from Meditations for Mortals that I found the most valuable:
- Seeing our TBR piles as a river, a flowing stream of possibilities you can dip into and choose what you feel like reading, letting the rest float on by. Doesn't that take the pressure off?
- Creating a Done list instead of a To-Do list. Also, reduces the pressure because you are focusing on what you have done, not the mountain of things left undone.
Product details
| Listening Length | 4 hours and 4 minutes |
|---|---|
| Author | Oliver Burkeman |
| Narrator | Oliver Burkeman |
| Whispersync for Voice | Ready |
| Audible.com Release Date | October 08, 2024 |
| Publisher | Macmillan Audio |
| Program Type | Audiobook |
| Version | Unabridged |
| Language | English |
| ASIN | B0CW47NDT6 |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments and loyal readership.