Saturday, June 9, 2012

Book Review: Puzzlebook: 101 Puzzle Quizzes by The Grabarchuk Puzzles Family



When I was a kid, I loved puzzles. I subscribed to Games Magazine, and was rarely without a Word Search puzzle book. While I still do puzzles with the kids, overall that part of my life has been pushed aside for other things. Until now!

A member of the Grabarchuk Puzzle Family contacted me about reviewing Puzzlebook: 101 Puzzle Quizzes. I was so excited. Devices such as my Kindle Fire have made puzzles even more fun than they used to be. Filled with visual, spatial, counting, geometry, matchstick, coins, searching puzzles and more, Puzzlebook: 101 Puzzle Quizzes is excellent entertainment at a great price. You can go one puzzle at a time or select the puzzle you want to work on from the list. Using your touchscreen, you select the answer you believe is correct. When you make a selection, you are told whether you are correct or not. If you make an incorrect selection, you can go back and try again. Once the correct solution is made, there is usually (but not always) an explanation. The puzzles start out easy and get more difficult as you move along. Though there are similar puzzles found throughout the book, solving a previous one doesn't necessarily provide an easy answer for the next ones.

Puzzlebook: 101 Puzzle Quizzes and your mobile device allows you to game anywhere without worrying if you have a pen or pencil handy. I truly wasn't sure how I would feel about puzzle solving on my Kindle Fire, but I love it. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of these books.


  • File Size: 2751 KB
  • Print Length: 109 pages
  • Publisher: Grabarchuk Puzzles; 4 edition (August 22, 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • ASIN: B005IQKHRM
  • SRP: $2.99

  • I received a $2.99 gift card from the publisher in order to purchase this book and provide my honest opinions. This did not guarantee a positive review. I was not compensated in any other manner to post my feedback.

    No comments: